Rosehip, Oil of Youth
Rosehip Oil is known as the “Oil of Youth”, used for more than 2,000 years by different civilisations seeking its medicinal and cosmetic actions to moisturise, heal wounds and treat various skin alterations.
What is Rosehip Oil?
Rosehip is a wild shrub native to Eastern Europe, but widely spread throughout the Caucasus, Western Asia, North Africa and South America. Nowadays, Chile is the main producer and exporter of Rosehip oil.
Rosehip belongs to the family of rosaceae (subfamily rosoidea) of the genus Rosa, which includes at least 100 species such as Rosa rubiginosa, Rosa canina or Rosa moschata.
Rosehip oil is extracted from the fruits and seeds of the plant by cold pressing. It is a “dry oil” with a light and fluid texture. It is rich in polyunsaturated essential fatty acids: linoleic, linolenic, oleic, etc., as well as in tannins, carotenes, flavonoids and other powerful antioxidants. Thanks to its balanced composition of fatty acids, it is quickly and easily absorbed into the skin without leaving greasy residue.
This absorption capacity also makes Rosehip oil able to act on the deep layers of skin, contributing to its firmness and elasticity.
ROSEHIP OIL IS PARTICULARLY USEFUL AND BENEFICIAL FOR:
- Regenerating skin tissues
- Delaying the appearance of early aging lines
- Recovering skin affected by heat or sun erythemas
- Improving the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and stretch marks
- Attenuating scars, especially those produced due to mastectomy and radiotherapy
How does Rosehip Oil work on the skin?
The skin is the largest organ in the body and its function is to protect our body against harmful environmental effects. The skin itself is composed mainly of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids (linoleic, linolenic, oleic) which are responsible for maintaining its barrier function.
Over the years, the effect of external agents such as solar radiation or pollution, cause a deficit of these fatty acids what leads to altering skin layers. The consequences are dehydration, loss of elasticity and the appearance of spots, wrinkles or expression lines, among others.
It is therefore crucial to promote the presence of essential fatty acids by using cosmetic oils that help regenerate the skin, such as rosehip oil.
Rosehip Oil Benefits and Properties
Rosehip Oil is well known for improving the appearance of wrinkles, stretch marks and scars. In general terms, Rosehip Oil favors the care and regeneration of skin due to the following associated actions:
- REGENERATIVE ACTION: Contains a balanced composition of Omega 3, 6 and 9, which facilitate the nutrition and regeneration of the skin. It is a great help in the epithelialization and/or scar healing processes, being of greater interest in the aesthetic improvement of both hypertrophic and atrophic scars (scars, stretch marks, etc.).
- MOISTURIZING ACTION: Rosehip Oil is rich in essential fatty acids that are important components of the skin cells. Essential fatty acids provide cells with permeability and elasticity and create the protective skin barrier, maintaining and/or restoring its hydration (Emollient Effect).
- FIRMING ACTION: Due to its high and rapid absorption, Rosehip oil also invigorates the innermost skin layers, favouring the production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin, contributing to the firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- ANTI-PHOTOAGING ACTION: The presence of ß-carotene and other antioxidants in Rosehip Oil help slow the signs of skin aging, limiting the appearance of blemishes and delaying wrinkles.
How to use Rosehip Oil
SKIN: (Facial and Body use): It helps restore hydration, elasticity and natural skin tone, due to its astringent, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Suitable for all skin types, especially dry, mature and sensitive skin. Suitable for facial and body use.
How to apply? Apply a few drops of Rosehip Oil onto dry or damp skin of the face and/or body, in the morning and/or night, with a gentle massage until completely absorbed.
HAIRCARE: Rosehip Oil fatty acids act to reduce the dryness of the scalp, restore shine, silkiness and volume of the hair, and it all without leaving greasy residue.
How to apply? Add a few drops of Rosehip oil to the shampoo or apply the drops of Rosehip Oil directly to the scalp and leave it on for 5 minutes before washing the hair.NAIL CARE: Rosehip Oil helps moisturize and strengthen weak and brittle nails by acting against dryness and fragility.
How to apply? Simply apply a few drops on each nail, ideally at night before going to bed, and gently massage with your fingertips or a cotton bud.
BODY MASSAGE: Due to its fluid texture and quick absorption, Rosehip Oil becomes a great massage oil for affected areas of the skin, such as stretch marks (striae), scars, heat or solar erythema, etc. contributing to the regeneration of skin cells.
How to apply? Ideally, a Rosehip Oil spray format should be used, applying 1 to 2 sprays to the affected area and massaging gently.
How to use Rosehip Oil
MARNYS® has the best professional and technical equipment in one of the most technologically advanced laboratories in Europe, to carry out unique quality controls that guarantee the rosehip oil quality and purity. The concentration of carotenoids present in rosehip oil, which determines its pigmentation, is analysed by means of a visible ultra-violet spectrophotometer. The oxidation index is also checked to guarantee the freshness and maximum properties of the product.
MARNYS® Rosehip Oil are endorsed by the most demanding entities. COSMOS Standard guarantees:
- ✓ The use of products from organic farming and respect for biodiversity.
- ✓ The responsible use of natural resources and respect for the environment.
- ✓ Clean manufacturing processes that are not harmful to human health and the environment.